The Audit Senior is responsible for overseeing audit, review and compilation engagements and is responsible for resolving most accounting issues that arise during these engagements under the guidance of the Audit Manager and or the Audit Director. The individual will perform some engagements with minimal supervision and will direct staff and instruct them in the work to be performed, review the work completed by the staff and direct necessary revisions.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours and convenient downtown Chicago location
- Dress for your day attire (jeans in the office and appropriate attire at clients)
- Discounted gym membership
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Programs
- Fun firm sponsored social events
- Generous paid time off and holiday time
- 15% referral fee for bringing in new clients
- Competitive compensation package and a broad range of insurance programs
- Salary is market based with overtime and merit increases
- Tremendous growth opportunities in a diverse and less structured working environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervising the work of audit staff including reviewing their work and provide on the job training
- Conduct basic, specialized and complex financial, operational and compliance audits under the direction of the audit director.
- Perform risk assessment prior to the beginning of an audit engagement.
- Prepare the most complex work papers, to adequately document accounting & audit work performed and to support the conclusions reached.
- Prepare draft of financial statements and management letters. Will be expected to wrap up the engagement in a timely manner.
- Perform reviews and compilations
- Report progress of the audit, compilation or review engagement to both Audit Manager and Audit Director regularly
- Perform audit or review procedures as assigned by the Audit Managers or Audit Director
- Conduct research, prepare memorandums and summarize findings
- Demonstrate ability to assume responsibility for supervision of the daily fieldwork of engagements and client contact
- Prepare very complex individual, trust and business tax returns
- Prepare an evaluation of the staff on the engagement at the end of the engagement but give guidance to the staff when necessary during the engagement.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.