Asphalt Green (AG) is looking to hire a full time Contract Administrator with strong project management skills, an architectural degree and an interest in working in construction. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Director of Finance.
We are a nonprofit sports, swim, and fitness organization with two locations on the Upper East Side and lower Manhattan in Battery Park City (opened 2013). The Upper East Side campus opened in 1984 on the site of the former Municipal Asphalt Plant. The interior of the plant was rehabilitated to house a gymnasium and multi-purpose classrooms (the structure is now landmarked). In 1985, the outdoor turf field was added to the site (the field was re-turfed earlier this year and is now FIFA rated). In 1993, the Aqua Center was built including a 50-meter Olympic-size pool and a 15,000 square-foot fitness center (see www.asphaltgreen.org for more information on Asphalt Green).
Recent capital projects range from a $10K speaker installation to a multi-million dollar locker room renovation (we have 4 locker rooms uptown and two downtown with heavy usage from both adults and children). This new position will be responsible for capital project management with an annual budget of $1.5M - $2M and an estimated 4 to 5 projects in progress at the same time. The scope of the job will include contracts, NYC permits and certifications, architectural drawings, vendor contracts and historical documents. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that Asphalt Green and its employees are in compliance with all DOH and DOB filings, permits and certificates.
- Manages and tracks all certification renewals and filing schedules.
- Works with architectural firms, owner's representation, expediters, engineers, contractors and site managers to ensure timely conclusion of all capital projects
- Works with the Director of Finance and the Chief Operating Officer on all capital projects that require grants from the City of New York
- Assists the Director of Finance on all insurance claims, litigation, settlement and arbitration procedures
- Works closely with Associate Director of Engineering and Facilities