*Work for a company that cares and receive a bonus! Special Education Teachers may be eligible for a $2500 new hire incentive bonus if hired and meet all qualifications.
St. Stephen's Lutheran Academy is an educational option for students in grades K through 12 who require specialized educational programs due to behavioral health, academic and developmental concerns. Our innovative programs are designed to help students succeed academically and behaviorally. Creating an environment for therapeutic progress is paramount to achieving success for students. Our philosophy is that every interaction with a child is an opportunity to help them learn, grow and heal.
Planning and Preparation
- Knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Knowledge of PA Academic Standards.
- Knowledge of students and the ability to utilize this knowledge to direct and guide instruction.
- Instructional goals that reflect standards and reasonable expectations for students.
- Awareness of resources, materials, or technology available through the school, Glade Run, home school district, Intermediate Unit, and professional organizations.
- Instructional design in which plans for various elements are aligned with the instructional goals and have a recognizable sequence with adaptations for individual student needs.
- Ability to reflect on teaching and learning to enhance instruction.
- Appropriate assessments of student learning aligned to the instructional goals and adapted to student needs.
- Clear expectations for student achievement with value placed on the quality of student work.
- Attention to equitable learning opportunities for students.
- Appropriate interactions between teacher and students and among students.
- Effective classroom routines and procedures resulting in little or no loss in instructional time.
- Clear standards of conduct and effective management of student behavior.
- Safe and skillful organization of physical space, to the extent that it is under the control of the teacher, providing accessibility to learning and the use of resources, materials, and technology.
- Become aware of the medication students are taking, possible side effects and times they are administered.
- Consult with support staff to identify and address stressors and inhibitors to school performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and the ability to, utilize positive discipline and/or non-physical intervention strategies within the agency's guidelines.
- Communication of procedures and clear expectations of content.
- Use of questioning and discussion strategies that encourage all students to participate.
- Engagement of students in learning and adequate pacing of instruction
- Feedback to the students on their learning.
- Use of informal and formal assessments to meet learning goals and to monitor student learning
- Flexibility and responsiveness in meeting the learning needs of students.
- Adherence to school and Glade Run procedures and regulations related to attendance, punctuality and the like.
- Knowledge of the Professional Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with school or Glade Run requirements for maintaining accurate records, communicating with families.
- Compliance with participating in school and/or Glade Run events and school or state mandated professional growth and development opportunities.
- Document all communication with parents/guardians, home school districts, and service agencies.
- Document important information and data in a timely and professional manner
- Attend meetings (IEP meetings, parent conferences, team meetings, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of transition to public school/less restrictive environment.
- Implement the student's IEP.
- Participate in program development and required in-service training opportunities as offered in the agency and required by DPW, PDE, and professional certification.
- Communicate regularly with the Administration and Health Services regarding student concerns.
Verbal and written communication skills
Pennsylvania School Law
Problem solving skills
Mandated Reporting requirements
Management and disciple techniques
Knowledge of content and pedagogy.
PA Academic standards
Utica, PA, United States
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 5,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings. Equal Opportunity Employer
What We Offer St. Stephens Lutheran Academy
(Must meet eligibility requirements- see policies/plan documents for complete requirements and eligibility)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401K offerings with agency match
- Agency provided life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Paid school break time during the school year according to the school calendar
- Tuition reimbursement
- New Hire Incentive Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonus Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Approved Agency for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Opportunities for career advancement at all levels
- Partnerships with over 40 local school districts
- Therapeutic equine, animal and horticulture therapy offered to our students though our Adventures Program
- Technology in every classroom
- State of the art sensory playground on our historic Zelienople campus
- Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) and School as a Society collaborative environment
- Partnership with Capella University offering scholarships, tuition discounts, and free professional development opportunities
- Glade Run is Sanctuary certified we provide a supportive, respectful environment for our clients and our staff where shared governance, open communication, social learning and responsibility, non-violence, emotional intelligence, and growth and change are paramount in all aspects of our programming