TITLE: Alumni Relations Coordinator
Classification (FLSA): Exempt, Salary
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Relations
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Alumni Relations Coordinator supports and advances the strategic goals of the Alumni Relations Office.
- Overseeing the Senior Philanthropy Board and Monthly Giving Initiative
- Directing the daily work of alumni student workers and interns.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Alumni Office
- Planning and executing all alumni related events
- Coordinating a multi-channel alumni communications program
- Alumni events planning and execution.
- Alumni, student and donor stewardship.
- Prepare regular communications to alumni.
- Collect updated alumni info.
- Maintain updated databases.
- Coordinate alumni office meetings, appointments, calendars, travel, and tours.
- Generate the Classmates Updates section within the Instaurare magazine.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Desire to help build up the alumni community by supporting the mission of the college
- Reliable, dependable, trustworthy, flexible
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and conduct multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Cheerful demeanor/sense of humor
- Ability to conduct tasks while always looking for ways to improve processes
- Eager to embrace current and new projects with a can-do attitude
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience required
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and others as needed) and InDesign graphics a plus
- Ability to learn WordPress (alumni portal), Almabase (alumni platform), Raisers Edge NXT and Give Campus (fundraising platforms)
- Willingness to assist other members of the Advancement Team for large, time-sensitive projects/events
- A college degree with at least one year of experience in administrative support and/or events planning experience
- The College prefers that this position be held by an individual who is an active, practicing Catholic who is committed to the Church’s mission on earth.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Must be able to make quick decisions.
- Must be calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Must work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must be able to handle prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer