Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
The Summer Intensive Program Nurse is a seasonal position responsible for ensuring the well-being of our 200+ Summer students. This position supports the Academy staff and Summer Chaperones to alleviate the need of frequent trips to urgent care or the doctor’s office. This person must be a board-certified RN. Dates of employment are from June 19-July 21, 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assists students with First Aid and minor health issues
- Assists in determining when a student needs to see an outside caregiver
- Coordinates referrals to outside healthcare facilities
- Assists and oversees the prevention of communal diseases
- Performs lice screenings as necessary
- Communicates the status of students’ health to Academy staff and Chaperones
- Maintains records of students’ treatment
- Maintains and promotes a clean, healthy workspace
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Must be board certified- Registered Nurse
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Prior experience working with dancers or student athletes
- Prior experience with communicable diseases and/or lice identification and prevention
- Prior experience with allergies and epi-pens
- Prior experience with electronic documentation
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Regular – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12:00pm-2:00pm.
- Separate evaluation room within shared Body Conditioning studio – including evaluation table, chair, and sink
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
• EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
• ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
• DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
• COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
• PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.