Deaf Services Mental Health Technician
Relief Tech (as needed)
This position provides individual care instruction and supervision to residents in a Mental Illness Residential Program. This employee serves in the role of a direct caregiver to a group of clients. This employee works directly with the Live-In Worker/Home Coordinator and other staff on duty.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct client care to the residents of the home/training facility.
- Monitors, supervises, and trains residents in daily/independent living skills.
- Provides support services for the home and the residents.
- Transports clients in accordance with the schedule.
- Completes required administrative and client-related paperwork.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid Alabama driver's license and driving record acceptable to agency automobile insurance carrier for inclusion on agency policy.
- Must have near intermediate plus signing skill in American Sign Language (ASL) as measured by a recognized screening process, such as SLPI
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Deaf Culture is required.
- Proficient computer skills