Teacher Assistant/Aide - School at Northeast - Schenectady
The Teacher Assistant/Aide is responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in all aspects of teaching, behavior management, and supporting students success in school.
- Follow all Agency policies and procedures, along with state and federal regulations pertaining to our school and students.
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on an understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities; create and modify materials to match student abilities.
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials to match student abilities.
- Monitor student behavior and help maintain discipline in the classroom; record behavior data as requested; assist with crisis prevention; assist with de-escalation techniques with students as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of behavior plans (BIP); recording behavior data; and the completion of incident reports when requested.
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off - 43 days in a calendar year
- 401 (K) plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associates degree preferred, and the ability to work with students who demonstrate serious emotional and behavioral challenges, ages 6-21.
Must become certified by NYS SED at Teacher Assistant Level 1 level within one year.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.