JOB TITLE: Construction Worker
REPORTS TO: Site Supervisor/Director of Construction
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) is seeking a qualified candidate to perform construction work and manage crews of employees, partner families, or volunteers as directed by the site leadership. Ensure safety practices are always implemented . Teach the necessary skills to workers to enable them to complete tasks on site. Perform quality assurance of all work. This position is an entry level construction position with the goal of working towards the Construction Crew Leader position.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles has been an active affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International for more than 20 years. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. On average, the affiliate builds and renovates 100 homes in the Los Angeles region, ranking it among the largest affiliates nationwide.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complete daily home repair tasks including but not limited to exterior/interior painting, fencing, landscaping, minor plumbing, minor electrical, safety device installation (grab bars, handrails, ramps, etc.), flooring, drywall, water heater installation. Work may also include energy efficiency upgrades.
- Interact with homeowners/clients on the job site by providing detail on repairs performed and job schedule.
- Communicate with site leadership and provide regular project updates.
- Ensure repairs completed meet expectation/requirements of contract with homeowners/client and perform quality assurance of all work.
- Conduct safety training’s maintain safety equipment on site and ensure safety practices are implemented at all times.
- Teach necessary skills to volunteer labor and manage crews of volunteers as directed by site leadership.
- Other duties as assigned