Do you have a passion for leading, coaching, and being a visionary for multiple managers and teams? Are you creative with the ability to develop strong strategies and schedules while thinking outside of the box? Are you organized with the drive to multitask and lead the execution of product development plans? Fantasy Flight Games Studio is looking for someone who is excited to gain understanding of our studio and work with them to execute successful product development and releases! If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about the role and how to APPLY!
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, CATAN, Ticket to Ride, and Spot It among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
Summary of Position
The Product Strategy Director (PSD) is primarily responsible for the FFG product release schedule as well as overseeing the entire product development projects and teams.
- Supervise Board and Card Game Managers and Interactive Manager.
- Under guidance from Head of Studio, work with other senior management to create and maintain an exciting and attainable product release schedule.
- Review and provide feedback on FFG product vision documents, including but not limited to scope, design, theme, budget, and production value. Work with Design managers to ensure products are adhering to approved vision throughout development.
- Support ongoing product evolution, positioning, and go-to-market effectiveness including sales effectiveness and product line management.
- Maintain release schedule and product databases. Set up all new products and releases.
Consult regularly with FFG and ANA staff to keep all release schedule dates current.
- Create, improve, and help lead FFG studio and development processes.
- Review, approve, and sign all freelance work assignments as needed.
- Facilitate and run Studio Approval (SA) meetings.
- Represent FFG in Release Candidate Approval (RCA) meetings and Go to Market Committee meetings as needed.
- Ensure all FFG products are being produced at an acceptable profit margin. Work with employees on project budgets and proposals throughout entire development process.
- All other assignments as required by Head of Studio.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skillsverbal and written.
- Excellent project management skillsmust be able to manage multiple high-profile projects and milestones.
- Must be creative, imaginative, and originalunderstand what makes games fun.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to collaborate with a diverse group of teams and individuals.
- Strong schedule, budget, and freelancer management.
- Knowledge of editing, proofreading, layout and design is helpful.