Under the direction of the Care Coordination Program Manager, the Care Coordinator is responsible for providing consistent and quality navigation to health, human, and social service needs via telephone, in person, e-mail, and other forms of communication. The Care Coordinator will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create and evaluate client service plans.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build positive and appropriate rapport with clients and stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing system navigation support that meets the quality and frequency standards of the program and addresses the client’s health, human, and social services needs.
- Collaborate with Next Move Marriage and Family Therapists and Emergency Shelter Case Managers to improve care linkages and client advocacy efforts.
- Utilize the Social Determinants of Health to identify and address critical needs and barriers when creating client service plans.
Learning & Development
- Participate in ongoing professional development on topics like Person Centered Care, Motivational Interviewing, Housing First Model, and the Social Determinants of Health.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of health and human services network to help clients address barriers.
- Conduct assessments pre and post service delivery to monitor program efficacy.
- Adhere to program standards for maintaining case records as well as the confidentiality of clients.
- Ability to be responsive and available for shifts for as much as 12 hours in length during declared emergencies to perform duties as directed by the Emergency Manager
- Ensure compliance with all GISVNN policies, CARF standards, and safety and security regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.