Do what you love and provide health and wellness on the Olympic Peninsula! At Jamestown Family Health Clinic (JFHC), we are always accepting applications for full-time, part-time, and on-call Family Practice Physicians to join our growing team! This position provides comprehensive medical services in an outpatient clinic setting including chronic disease management, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness and injury, preventive medicine, and related patient education and counseling.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our patients and co-workers like family as well.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As a Family Practice Physician, you will:
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies, interpret test results, and develop related treatment plans based on results.
- Perform therapeutic procedures, manage lacerations, wounds, infections, suspicious lesions, or other related ambulatory injuries.
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding their therapeutic regimens, give anticipatory guidance of normal growth and development, discuss family planning, provide counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promote wellness and prevention.
- Arrange referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services, and confer with other physicians and specialists regarding diagnosis and treatment plans, including situations where other physicians may need information emergently.
- Maintain a safety conscious, clean working environment by complying with relevant procedures, rules and regulations. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- In accordance with clinic policy, participate in quality improvement and measurement efforts of patient care in coordination with other facilities, professional associations and JFHC.
- Engage in medical education activities as needed in support of the JFHC’s mission, which may include quality assurance, utilization review, and risk management programs.
- Assist in developing health care team staff by providing leadership while modeling appropriate professional conduct.
- Adhere to the Active Privileges with Olympic Medical Center, which will include managing shortstay orders for primary care patients.
- Participate in after-hours and weekend on-call rotation (phone call plus Saturday clinic).
- Example: after hours on call, one weekday each month; weekend on call, one per quarter.
- Provide oversight and consultative services for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nursing staff in accordance with JFHC policies and State law. Physicians may also be called upon to provide direct supervision of medical students and allied health professionals who are pursuing educational experiences at JFHC.
- Provide and promote health and wellness initiatives and maintenance for JFHC patients
- Promote the JST and JFHC at social and civic functions as needed.
- Exercise discretion regarding all matters related to the official business of JFHC.
- Under the direction of JFHC, participate in the development and review of JFHC policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure quality assurance objectives.
- Adhere to all JST and JFHC policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, and work practices as described in the JFHC Occupational Exposure Control Plan and HIPPA.
- Adhere and work within the scope of the license, standards of care, and JFHC protocols
- Provide other services and duties as directed by the Chief Medical Officer.
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Graduate of a medical school, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, with a degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
- Completion of residency accredited by the Association of Family Practice Medicine Residency Directors.
- Board certification in specialty
- Unrestricted license to practice within Washington State.
- Current DEA certificate without restriction.
- PALS or NRP, ACLS may be required.
- Enroll and maintain eligibility as a physician in the Federal Medicare program and the Washington State Medicaid program.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in the provision of patient care, pain management, and medication administration
- Demonstrates knowledge of physiology
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment, including infection control and environmental safety
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Basic computer knowledge with proficiency in electronic medical records program(s), and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Experience and knowledge of EPIC
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply.