New Castle Building Products (NCBP) is a full-service distributor based in White Plains, NY. NCBP operates with seven core values: Caring, Urgency, Teamwork, Honesty, Accountability, Flexibility and Passion. All our 20+ locations from Massachusetts to Baltimore operate with these core values as their driving force. We look for team members who will display and share these values with fellow employees and customers.
Our location based in Long Island City is seeking an Operations / Warehouse Supervisor. In this role, candidates should have an outgoing personality, good communication skills and like to work with the general public.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Take on the responsibility for efficient and cost-effective scheduling of deliveries and routing of trucks. Establish proper routing of trucks. Schedule pick-ups of returned materials from suppliers and customers.
- Complies with federal, state, local and DOT regulations as well as material handling, and shipping requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with perpetual data.
- Maintain technical and computer skills and capability to effectively use distribution and office software
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement. Coordinate schedule of repairs and maintenance with Fleet and Safety Coordinator.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Assist in taking scheduled inventories.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coordinate activities with branch manager, department heads and branch sales personnel.
- Attend company meetings as requested.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements for the role:
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures
- Delivers superior customer service
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Able to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Recognizes and understands product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
What is in it for me?
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- Yearly reviews with opportunities to advance your career based on performance
If this sounds like you, please complete the application and also complete a brief survey once the application is submitted which will pop up on your screen.
Wage Range: $50 - 60k annually and additional benefits. In compliance with applicable law, this range is a good faith estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.