The law firm of Norris McLaughlin, P.A. in Bridgewater, NJ, has an immediate need for a full-time business development and marketing director to join the team. Requirements include a college degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or business administration; a minimum of 7 years’ experience in business development or marketing; and law firm experience.
- Collaborate with attorneys to create strategic business development plans for practice groups and individual attorneys, assisting in the execution of those plans, and report on achieved financial metrics;
- Collect, analyze, and pro-actively employ data regarding the return of investment of business development and marketing expenditures of the firm at various levels;
- Develop and implement targeted lead generation strategies to identify potential client targets for specific initiatives related to business development plans;
- Regularly conduct market research to identify industry trends, competition, potential clients, and opportunities for each practice group;
- Assume responsibility for the prospective client process by responding to RFPs and pitches and seeking speaking and writing opportunities;
- Identify appropriate groups, organizations, and boards for attorney participation;
- Partner with the firm’s public relations agency to promote attorney speaking engagements and successes of the firm.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment executing marketing and business development initiatives that delivered a positive return of investment.
- Experience with software for business development and marketing support, including websites, databases, research, and knowledge management tools.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and ability to make decisions with minimal supervision.
At Norris McLaughlin, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their backgrounds, experiences, views, and strengths. Our differences in culture and beliefs make us a better team.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
To be considered for this position, please fill out and submit the online application along with your cover letter and resume.