Jewish Senior Life of Metropolitan Detroit is seeking to add a dynamic leader to our team.
Coville Apartments, a licensed Home for Aged, provides an ideal lifestyle for adults with readily available support services for assistance in living with service that is above and beyond your expectations. We believe that the care and service for our aging population is not only our obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission, we nurture a sense of community and enrich the lives of older adults, while embracing Jewish values and celebrating life. We seek to be the provider of choice for outstanding residences and compassionate services that enable older adults to live healthy, joyous and purposeful lives. At JSL, we employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Assisted Living Administrator: As the Administrator of Coville, you would be able to establish a rewarding career, while serving a dynamic group of older adults. You will be responsible for overall day-to-day administration, management and performance of the Assisted Living Facility. Ensure the highest quality of resident services and care, within budgetary guidelines, while meeting, or exceeding community and facility quality and service standards. Responsible for compliance with federal, state and local and facility policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Manages the overall operations of the facility while meeting, or exceeding, federal, state, and local regulations and the facility’s quality and service standard.
- In capacity as Authorized Representative with LARA, ensures continued licensure and certification of the facility.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, and facility regulations and policies.
- Responsible for managing occupancy development and with Admissions staff; actively markets the facility in the community with residents, families, discharge planners, social service workers, local business organizations and other referral sources in conjunction with the admissions person.
- Responsible for directing and evaluating all operations and staff function, i.e., nursing, dining services, Assisted Living admissions, building maintenance services, housekeeping, administration, resident services, and programming.
- Oversees and audits Assisted Living nursing services to ensure high quality nursing delivery systems.
- Monitors resident care through DON; conducts regular rounds, ensures quality improvement processes are in place.
- Develops and implements a facility-wide resident relations program to meet resident’s needs and to ensure resident quality and services.
- Fosters effective communication and team work among inter-disciplinary teams and management team at large, to ensure high quality resident service and care and inter-department coordination and cooperation.
- Establish positive rapport with regulatory agencies; keeps current on changes in federal, state, and local regulations; ensures compliance with all licensing agencies including overseeing license renewals.
- Directs the adherence to safety rules and regulations and takes remedial action when necessary.
- Ensures the Home as the capacity to manage the residents at all times.
- Responsible for all residents admissions and discharges.
- Weekday on call duties, shared weekend on call rotation duties.
- Review and maintain disaster plans.
- Supervise transition planning of residents who meet discharge criteria.
- Assist in the development of JSL and work closely with CDO.
- Ensures the maintenance and protection of confidential of resident information at all times; enforces resident’s rights regarding privacy, personal property and grievances.
- Plans and develops operating budget in conjunction with Executive Director of Aging services, CFO and Controller.
- Plans and develops the capital expenditures budget; coordinates capital improvements.
- Operates facility according to budgetary guidelines, accountable for the Assisted Living Facility’s profit-or-loss.
- Regularly monitors facility performance; reviews and analyzes financial management report; analyze Profit & Loss reports in a timely manner and take corrective action when necessary.
- Establishes a system to track and record cost; responsible to maintain accurate and timely control of the Assisted Living Facility’s finances.
- Provide training to department leaders in pertinent cost control and financial management techniques and methods, enabling them to become directly responsible for development and management of their own budget.
- Develops, directs and monitors inventory control systems.
- Sign off/approve all invoices. Acts as liaison from building to accounting department.
- Responsible for oversite of the recruitment, selection, retention and termination of all department heads in the facility. Serves as consultant to department heads regarding their employees.
- Ensure adequate and effective orientation and training of all department heads in their job specific duties, in quality and service standards, and in understanding the resident population. Responsible for ensuring all staff are properly trained.
- Supervise, train, develop, and evaluate the DON, Social Worker, Life Enrichment coordinator, and admissions staff by providing ongoing, timely feedback.
- Establish positive employee relations programs and practices; responsible for creating a motivational work environment which encourages positive problem solving and overall job satisfaction for employees.
- Develop and oversee the consistent application of all Human Resources policies.
- Attends in-services as required.
- Acts as liaison from building to HR Director.