The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Business Development Manager. This position is responsible for managing the expectations of our Customer Test Providers, Braille and Large Type Financial Documents, and Custom Requests for Braille and Large type Products while continuously managing over 500 tests through the APH processes. More specific to this position, APH is the Nation’s largest producer of accessible high-stakes tests for grades K-12. APH is also recognized as being the highest quality producer resulting in continuous growth within this area.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, this position maintains the responsibility of managing the current third-party relationships, identifying areas for potential customers, and working with each department within APH to ensure Customer Satisfaction. The manager will also be actively engaged with the planning and development of various strategic initiatives throughout the APH.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary point of contact between APH and Test Providers for all matters regarding accessible tests orders. Consults and corresponds with all Test Providers and internal departments regarding specifications, special notes, details and order status for custom orders, accessibility issues, and proper use of various media to be used.
- Provide full life cycle leadership and support to Test Providers, including receive and process test orders or quote requests, coordinate with internal departments to determine reasonable costs, terms and other contract requirements, review and negotiate final contract terms, and follow up with Test Provider to coordinate payment and finalize order.
- Maintain files in accordance with company policies and procedures, monitoring and maintaining documents for the entire lifecycle while identifying process improvements to the workflow and reporting.
- Work with Business Development Director in updating contracts and annual Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and review guidelines and expectations.
- Lead and facilitate meetings, set priorities and coordinate with internal departments to ensure critical production and shipping deadlines are met.
- Contact potential clients and arrange business meetings to establish a business relationship.
- Collaborate with the innovation and design team to ensure requirements are met, such as targeted goals.
- Perform database administration on shared file/access database to provide status updates on workflow, work process, and test production.
- Create standard forms, templates, checklists, guidelines, and policies related to processes within contract operation.
- Prepare shipments of test materials for third-party proofreading, as needed.
- Assists Business Development Director with special projects, campaigns, market research, and data assistance.
- Develop strong understanding of company products and services as well as business position.
- Develop and lead staff.
- Other duties as assigned including custom jobs.