The Driver is responsible for the safe, reliable and timely transportation of our residents and for the caretaking of the communitys fleet of vehicles. The Driver respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position. The Driver reports to the Ancillary Services Director.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all residents and employees of the community
- Drives residents to and from assigned appointments, activities and locations
- Follows all safety rules and instructions
- Complies with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Escorts and assists residents on and off the vehicles as needed
- Keeps the interior and exterior of the vehicle clean
- Reads maps and/or follows GPS directions
- Reports any malfunctions or needed repairs
- Reports delays, accidents or other traffic and transportation situations using company-issued cell phone or radio
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to read and write, follow written and verbal instructions, and communicate effectively in English.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding, and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone
- Written communication by hand and on PC
- Work schedule includes evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.