Do you crave the freedom to grow and learn in your work environment with other upbeat career professionals? We do every day. Global Widget is a leading manufacturer of hemp-derived CBD products with one mission: to promote healthier lifestyles by delivering natural products to a global community.
How do we achieve that goal? Through collaboration with a close-knit group of individuals, ranging from engineers and accountants to marketing creatives and customer support specialists.
When you join our team as a QC Chemist, you not only get an up-close look into the booming CBD industry, but you also enter a work environment unlike any other in the Tampa Bay area.
Become part of the Global Widget team and enjoy unique perks and benefits:
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits
- 401k with match
- Paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Team building events
- Continuous opportunities for advancement
- Samples of premium CBD products
As part of the company's Quality team, you will be a key member supporting activities associated with quality control activities of raw materials, CBD extract and finished products conducted at CTL/CMO and internally manufactured. This position will be responsible for development of testing methods, quality control release/stability testing of all incoming and finished goods, as well as techniques and troubleshooting of assays and equipment. This role will be engaged and responsible for ensuring that testing is completed and accurately reported for all products.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where its all about multi-tasking to get the job done
- Positive and professional attitude with a focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Able to effectively prioritize and deliver high-quality results on tight timelines
- Develop Testing Methods for newly established QC lab
- Significant HPLC expertise especially with Shimadzu equipment.
- Comprehensive working knowledge with Good Manufacturing Practices specific to 21 CFR 111.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing, supply chain, quality assurance, regulatory, and project management to ensure timely availability of lot release, stability and other required analytical data
- Provide Quality Control support for regulatory submissions by furnishing required quality control data
- Responsible for maintaining continuous audit readiness of the Quality Control laboratory, including but not limited to, logbooks, equipment, software 21 CFR Part 11 compliance, data reporting, LIMS database, etc.
- Direct experience authoring and implementing root cause analysis techniques (to the QC laboratory)
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance as an analytical/QC subject matter expert in support of supplier audits
- Perform or coordinate the periodic review of SOPs for the QC department
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and validating bioassays, trouble-shooting assay problems, and performing qPCR, HPLC and ELISAs in a GMP environment
- Understanding of laboratory equipment such as UPLC/HPLC, UV/Vis, Spectrophotometer, Densitometer, pH, Osmometer, etc.
- Prior experience in QC laboratory
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Regulatory Guidance Documents as they relate to quality testing of nutraceutical products
- CBD experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Must pass required background check