- Plan, schedule and implement the daily program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of both the individual and the group.
- Interprets and shares Christian Education curriculum and values with children.
- Ensure a warm, clean, and safe environment that permits the children to grow and explore.
- Uses appropriate and positive child management techniques that respect the dignity and rights of all children.
- Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
- Plan weekly lesson plans based on a curriculum outline.
- Establish and maintain good communication with parents through parent conferences twice a year and on a daily, informal basis.
- Participate in staff meetings, future planning, training sessions, and other career development and professional activities.
- Cultivate healthy communication and relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
- Perform classroom-related maintenance duties (sweeping, mopping, etc.)
The candidate is a passionate Christ-follower who will:
- Articulate a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Indicate commitment to the mission and vision of Elmbrook Church.
- Demonstrate humility, a teachable spirit, and integrity, working effectively with ministry teams across all functionsleadership, operations, missions, and ministries.
- Invest in, cultivate, and equip others, consistently pointing them toward a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, teaching Biblical precepts through word and action.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Infant & Toddler Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Registry certification within 3 month unless holding a current teaching license
- CPR certification within 6 months
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Course
ECCEC will provide for the costs of certification for the ideal candidate.
This position is full-time, hourly, and classified as nonexempt 40 hours/week.
Salary dependent on experience, skills & education
This position is eligible for all benefits associated with full-time employment including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Refer to the Staff Handbook and information provided by Elmbrooks insurance vendors for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) Full-time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
403b Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if they are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan are the first of the month following the date of hire. On an employees first anniversary, Elmbrook will match up to 1%.
Holidays Full-time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
The Early Childhood Teacher will be accountable and report directly to the Director of Early Childhood of Elmbrook Church.