- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed high school or its equivalency as determined by the Department of Public Instruction
- Prior experience working in a child care setting preferred but not necessary; will train the right candidate!
- Completion of Introduction to the Child Care Profession or equivalent course, or be willing to complete within 6 months of hire. Teachers hired for an infant or toddler classroom must have completed Infant and Toddler Care or its equivalent, or be willing to complete within 6 months of hire.
- Current CPR certification, or willingness to complete within 3 months of hire
- Willingness to complete a background check and occupational physical
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
THE WOODSON YMCA DIFFERENCE:
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services, and initiatives enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun, and get fit, but they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places, but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better! The YMCA is a vital piece in strengthening the foundation of our community.