The law firm of Norris Mclaughlin, P.A., has an immediate need for a full-time Office Services/Records Assistant to join our New York Office Facilities and Records Department. Requirements for this position include a high school or general equivalency diploma (GED) and at least 2 years of related law firm or equivalent office experience.
- Maintain inventory levels for all office and pantry supplies
- Scan and digitize documents for electronic storage and records retrieval
- Coordinate disposal of outdated or confidential records per firm policies
- Maintain the cleanliness of the office; report and coordinate repairs/maintenance issues with office and building management
- Complete all copy, print, bind, fax, and scan documents/projects according to written and verbal instructions
- Assist with office/furniture moves, minor repairs, and furniture assembly
- Manage preparation, setup, and breakdown of conference rooms for all internal firm functions
- Perform other ad hoc administrative projects as needed
- Understand functionality of all office equipment and systems
- Knowledge of current US postal rates and Pitney Bowes machines preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Knowledge of document management systems (iManage or other document management system) preferred
- Customer service driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and changing priorities; attentive to detail, organization, accuracy, and quality
At Norris McLaughlin, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their backgrounds, experiences, views, and strengths. Our differences in culture and beliefs enable us to be a better team.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
To be considered for this position, please fill out and submit the online application along with your resume.