The Elevation Hotel and Spa is Crested Butte, Colorado's premier slope-side mountain resort! No matter what season it is, theres nothing better than working at a Colorado mountain resort. Come join our friendly and upbeat team at the Elevation Hotel and Spa and be a part of an experience that will allow you to grow professionally! Whether youre looking for seasonal or full-time, year-round employment, we have a position that will be the right fit for you. Youre certain to enjoy the benefits and activities that come with a Colorado resort job that allows you to live and work in the heart of paradise. We look forward to meeting you and starting your next adventure together!
Perks of the Job: Housing available for the right candidates, gym membership, 20% off on spa services, 20% off ski/bike rentals, winter ski pass, & more!
Elevation Hotel and Spa located in Crested Butte, Colorado is hiring an Assistant Front Office Manager. They are responsible for supporting the Front Office Manager with the operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. The AFOM will be assisting in the hiring, training, communicating feedback and coaching the team to be successful in their job performances.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Display unique problem solving skills to obtain a positive outcome in adverse guest and employee situations.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able and willing perform duties of all areas of the Front Office including Bell Team, Front Desk Agent, Reservations, Night Audit, Concierge and PBX.
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Boxer Property standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Boxer Property standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist with preparation of all Guest Services interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Boxer Property.
- Observe and provide direct constructive feedback to employees.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
- Assist with supervision of the Night Audit function.
- Assist with preparation of employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Boxer Property Standards.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that Boxer Property courtesy and upselling or Top-Down selling techniques are maintained.
- Ensure implementation of all Boxer Property policies and house rules.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently underway.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.