The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in empowering people who are blind or low vision by providing accessible and innovative products, materials and services for lifelong success, is seeking a Director of Communications and Consumer Engagement (marketing) at our Louisville, KY headquarters. We are looking for a creative marketing/communications professional with the ability to build awareness of our products, services, and programs through creating powerful stories and detailed engagement plans which maintain and increase awareness of our organization, its brand, and mission.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in building brands, strong communication skills, and the ability to oversee the development of engaging content that will build and maintain a positive image for our organization. APH’s Director of Communications and Engagement will have experience developing and executing marketing campaigns, setting long-term strategy, managing multiple projectsm and building and leading strong cross-functional teams. They will also have the ability, motivation, and responsibility to represent our international brand in a way that connects customers with the products and services they need to improve their lives, motivates key partners to support our mission, and changes the world’s attitude about the importance of learning equity.
The Director of Communications and Engagement is a key member of our internal agency, Dot6, with a special focus on the areas of social media, digital marketing, internal and external communications, web content, collateral development, and all other aspects of corporate communications. This position reports to the Senior Director of Engagement & Experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees marketing strategy for APH’s e-commerce platform.
- Ensures organizational consistency of APH’s branding and positioning, including visuals and messaging.
- Develops the annual communications/marketing plan and strategies to promote APH and its organizational priorities.
- Supervises the team that is responsible for all communications activities and material requests from various APH departments. Assures the ongoing professional development of all department staff.
- Oversees the Product and Services Branding teams, guiding them in the development of strategies and messaging to promote APH Products, Services, and Programs to the appropriate audiences.
- Collaborates with the Creative Services Director to ensure all communication and marketing materials follow APH Brand Standards.
- Works with the Director of Social Enterprise to develop marketing strategies that create sales opportunities with a special focus on nonquota/cash sales.
- Uses information from UTM Codes, Google Analytics/GA4, Sprout Social, and other tools to maximize APH’s digital presence and messaging.
- Advocates for and ensures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH internally and externally.
- Implements policies, processes, and technology necessary for successful project management.
- Helps to develop and maintain department processes and reports on impacts and benchmarks regularly.
- Represent APH at various conferences and trade show exhibits.
- Works to develop strong business, field, and community partnerships that work to serve the mission of APH.