Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Animal Medical Hospital Of Centereach, Centereach, NY
Up tp $3,000 Sign-on Bonus for LVTs!
Why You'll Love This Veterinary Technician Job
Are you passionate about providing exceptional care to pets and their pet parents? Do you want to work in a collaborative and positive environment where you are encouraged to grow? Join the Animal Medical Hospital of Centereach team today as Licensed Veterinary Technician in Centereach, NY!
A successful candidate will be client-centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, and will be passionate about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community. Potential candidates will be expected to embrace low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in animal care, be adaptable, and be enthusiastic about companion animal practice.
When you join our team, you will feel supported because your team is truly there for you. You will experience a work environment where leadership listens and encourages you both personally and professionally. You will come to work each day knowing you are making a difference in the lives of pets and their pet parents by providing exceptional care. With competitive compensation and benefits, leading edge technology, and the freedom to create your own success, you will experience an exciting career as a Veterinary Technician with us.
If you are passionate about supporting high standards of veterinary medicine and will excel in a collaborative environment where you are rewarded for success, are encouraged to operate at the top of your certification, pursue professional interests, and take the time to practice veterinary medicine in a patient centered way, then we want to talk to you!
Join our team and apply to be an important part of our family as a Veterinary Technician today!
Your Day to Day
- Assist the veterinarian with routine patient appointments and surgical procedures including caring for and monitoring of pets, keeping them calm and secure, and assisting with restraint.
- Collect and process samples for diagnostics and collect and preserve laboratory samples that must be shipped offsite for testing.
- Prepare appointment rooms prior to scheduled patient visits and treatment rooms for surgery and prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Record patient medical history and medical notes as well as inventories of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies and maintain controlled substance inventory and related log books, fill prescriptions, measure medications, and label containers and explain medications and potential side effects to clients.
- Take radiographs including dental radiographs, perform routine ultrasonic dental prophy including dental charting, and monitor general anesthesia.
- Dress and suture wounds, apply splints and protective devices, give enemas, perform catherization, ear flushes, intravenous feedings, and gavage.
- Maintain, sterilize, and store all instruments, equipment, and machinery to ensure proper working condition.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Clean kennels, animal holding areas, surgery suites, and examination rooms to control the spread of disease.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all center employees and serve as a resource for other pet center associates as applicable and participate and support the onboarding of new center employees and development of medical, technical, and communication skills of all center employees.
- Work with the veterinary hospital team through daily patient caseload to deliver outstanding medical quality and direct center employees in a positive and efficient manner.
- Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner, educate and counsel them on preventive health care, behavior problems, dental care, and nutrition and utilize hospital technologies available (Telemedicine, texting, emails, etc.).
- Develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community, serve as a role model and champion of the Company brand, and promote all center services.
- Practice veterinary medicine in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines along with any Company quality standards.