EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Business, Communications, or a related field and/or +3 years’ experience in transcribing braille.
- Education or previous employment in the blindness field preferred.
- NLS Certified as Literary Braille Transcriber.
- Demonstrated ability to attain NBA Formats Certification within agreed upon period between supervisor and employee.
- Demonstrated ability to attain Nemeth Certification within agreed upon period between supervisor and employee.
- NFB certification in Literary and Mathematics Braille Proofreading a plus.
- Ability to learn a variety of braille translation software.
- Must demonstrate familiarity in basic Microsoft Word skills, including keyboarding, navigation, and archiving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), as well as Internet Applications.
- Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Amenable to travel for professional development opportunities.
$21.14 - $28.96
To apply, click here. If you have trouble accessing the application through Paycom, please contact Ryan Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.