Enercon Industries is a mid-sized family company that makes equipment for various industries domestically and worldwide. Our Induction Cap Sealers and Surface Treating equipment are among the best in the world, and we pride ourselves on being the market leader and innovation driver in our field.
The Test Engineer is the primary technical resource supporting the Test and Repair department in Enercon’s Germantown production facility and world headquarters. The role supports the Test and Repair Supervisor and Test Technicians in the assembly, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair of complex high-voltage, electronic control systems, software, and related power systems to ensure on time completion of testing. A strong technical acumen and continuous improvement mindset are essential to optimizing the capability and capacity of the Test and Repair department staff and facilities.
- Supports, performs, optimizes, and automates factory acceptance testing of all company products with live power to ensure adherence to internal and customer standards prior to shipment.
- Develops test plans, test and data acquisition equipment, writes test procedures, and provides report-outs on test efficacy and output.
- The role develops, maintains, optimizes, and automates the data acquisition, power management, and test facilities either themselves, or in cooperation with Plant Maintenance staff, or contractors when required.
- Identifies and implements corrective action and Engineering change notices in the Test and Repair department.
- Plays a critical role in the development, prototyping, and production readiness phases of the New Product Development process. As technical specialist, the Test Engineer may also provide technical expertise to other production departments or engineering personnel.
- Performs periodic inspection, maintenance, and upgrades in the Test & Repair departments and laboratories to maximize efficiency and minimize potential issues.
- Drives investigation of test failures and analyzes issues to identify root cause. Implements plans for corrective action to prevent future recurrence where possible.
- Documents test procedures and processes for use and improvement of the test department. Implements scalable solutions to promote consistency and knowledge sharing across the area.
- Maintains safety & cleanliness of the test department and ensures equipment is in good working order. Performs inspection and maintenance of the equipment in the area as required.
- Directly supports other departments as required to meet ship dates and company obligations.
- Provides training and serves as a technical resource to other team members.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.