The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City Health Department's Division of Disease Control is responsible for the identification, surveillance, treatment, control, and prevention of infectious diseases in NYC. The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is responsible for implementing administrative and operation strategies, overseeing the daily operations of budget, fiscal planning, human resources and contracts management, and providing policy, informatics, project management and emergency response planning and operations support to all other DDC bureaus.
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination, Division of Disease Control (DDC) of the Department of Health & Mental Hygiene is seeking to hire a dynamic, strategic, and highly organized individual as a Covid Project Manager. This person will support the Acting Deputy Commissioner by coordinating DDC’s Covid-19 response efforts and collaborations with internal and external partners to optimize performance of COVID-19 projects. Reporting to the Acting Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Disease Control.
The prospective candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
• Liaising and participating in ongoing meetings with leadership and staff from DOHMH, stakeholders and key partners on the implementation and monitoring of various COVID-19 projects
• Lead program management on specific initiatives across the agency
• Work with bureau leadership on tracking and reporting of key activities and administrative updates
• Track progress of projects, programs and grants, and draft reports to Acting Deputy Commissioner
• Acts as representative for Acting Deputy Commissioner in internal and external meetings
• Work with other senior staff to develop and implement strategies to improve agency vaccination and testing services and programs
• Support development and implementations of strategic initiatives, policies, and campaigns
• Monitor daily updates on the federal, state, and local level as it relates to Covid response; and
• Other duties as assigned.