Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Houston Ballet offers exciting internship opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students throughout the year on an ongoing basis. This internship will provide valuable and exciting experience to any student that wishes to explore a career in arts management. Under the direction of the Board & Executive Relations Manager, this paid internship position performs administrative and project-based duties. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about multiple aspects of a non-profit organization including board governance, development, and administrative organization.
- Assist with all Board membership development projects, including:
- Preparation for the upcoming season, including filing and database entry
- Assisting with content for board orientation presentation
- Assisting with compiling the yearly board directory
- Assist with donor database entry, organization, and reporting
- Assist with organizing existing and new administration electronic files
- Assist with compiling visuals (images, charts, graphs) for organizational statistics and metrics for both marketing and development purposes, including the organization’s Annual Report
- Assist with general administrative and clerical duties, such as mailing, filing and photocopying as related to the Board of Trustees
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
All internships are paid and offer flexible hours to accommodate school or work schedules.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Regular – Monday through Friday
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.