The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The computer specialist will act as a liaison with the CIR’s developer vendor and data exchange partners regarding technical issues that arise with the HL7 web service. The Computer Specialist also will develop computer programs to query the CIR to extract and prepare aggregate and record-level data to share with CDC and DOHMH leadership. They will work with DOHMH technical staff and CIR’s software development vendor to enhance CIR applications for the COVID-19 Vaccine Program and ensure the quality and security of all CIR data.
- Provide technical support to the CIR Interoperability team for projects that require automation.
- Performs systems and database maintenance on site and at CIR’s remote data center.
- Prove guidance as an CIR HL7 technical expert on calls with data exchange partners facing technical issues.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems related to computer software applications.
- Work closely with CIR’s software developers on HL7 web service programs and updates.
- Build new or update existing tools and programs that help with day-to-day HL7 provider onboarding and interoperability tasks.
- Coordinate or implement the design, development, and maintenance of systems to assist Senior Management in improving the operations of the CIR for the influenza vaccination campaign and COVID-19 pandemic response.
- Prepares written documentation of technical work performed.
- Work with DOHMH technical staff and CIR’s software development vendor to ensure reliable day-to-day operations and Covid-19-related development projects.
- Implement New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene protocols to ensure the confidentiality and security of CIR data starting with HL7 web service.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance for assuring and improving CIR data quality.