Chemistry Associate- San Marcos, CA- DRD/Bio-Techne
By joining Bio-Techne, San Marcos you’ll join a proven leader in the Manufacturing of In-Vitro Diagnostics. Our Research Associates are focused on the product development of diagnostic assays, to include reagents, calibrators, controls, calibration verifiers and proficiency testing. When you join us, you will be part of a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
Pay Range: $23-42/hr + semi-annual discretionary bonus program or annual percentage bonus.
This position is responsible for the developing and or formulation of controls, calibrators, working solutions, and intermediates in the production and development of Bio-Techne's various product lines. You will follow standard operating procedures to manufacture these products and will contribute to the ongoing development of new and existing products to help advance Bio-Techne's evolving portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and/or development of new products using approved procedures and keep detailed and accurate records
- Set up and conduct experiments that help further new product development
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Perform in process analysis and determine adjustments to bring analytes into specification
- Measure accurately quantities of material volumetrically and gravimetrically, employing knowledge of chemical and biochemical properties and handling procedures
- Analyze products, stock solutions, and raw materials using automated and manual instrumentation
- Evaluate that the analysis instrumentation and verify or perform maintenance before use
- Perform processing steps as required in the documentation such as centrifugation, defiltration, in-process filtration, and column separation
- Perform final release testing
- Perform aseptic procedures such as aliquoting, filtration, and microbial plating
- Document results and prepare reports summarizing your data
- Carry out troubleshooting activities under supervision
- Collaborate with other departments/labs as needed
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned