Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for the underserved Asian community. Rendr is a primary care-driven, multi-specialty medical group serving over 200,000 patients through its 90+ locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.
Department: Mental Health Care
Job Position: Behavioral Health Counselor
- Screen and assess patients as well as provide patient education for common behavioral health and substance use disorders. Facilitate patient engagement and follow-up care.
- Develop care plans with patients, primary care providers and the psychiatric consultant.
- Systematically track treatment response and monitor patients (in person or by telephone) for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by the primary care provider, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Provide brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other interventions as needed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled (usually weekly) caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patient’s primary care provider. Case reviews may be conducted by telephone, video, or in person.
- Document patient progress and treatment plans in the EMR to be shared with the primary care provider and psychiatric consultant.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes and referrals for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the primary care provider and the psychiatric consultant and who may need more intensive or more specialized behavioral health care.
- NYS active LMSW is required. LCSW is a plus.
- Bilingual Chinese Mandarin/Cantonese required
- Able to make professional evaluations, decisions, and recommendation for treatment planning and implementation
- Able to work independently and as a positive member of a team
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with mentally or emotionally disabled persons and their families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Behavioral Counseling: 1+ years (Preferred)