- 1-2 years of experience as a buyer or similar position desired but not required
- Supply Chain Management Degree Preferred
- BS in Procurement, Supply Chain, or related field
- Experience with Oracle desired but not required
- Superb analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent in verbal and written communications
- Effective negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Key measurables will be annual cost reduction as a percent of total spend by category (raw material, MRO, capital, miscellaneous), reliability of on time supply and reduction in freight costs.
AGY offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and a matching 401k program. We are also proud to offer a physician staffed onsite Wellness Center open to all of our employees and a 24-hour onsite Fitness Center.
AGY is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
AGY Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.