Position(s) Supervised: Assistant Stage Manager
Internal Contacts: Artistic Staff, Company Dancers, Production Staff, Operations Department and Music Department
External Contacts: Ballet Rehearsal Directors, Choreographers, Designers
Education Level and Focus: Theater Production Degree BFA, MFA
Years and Type of Related Experience Required: Minimum of five years' professional experience with a Performance Arts Institution. Minimum of three years professional experience with Union environment (preferred). Thorough knowledge of cues, dance vocabulary, orchestra score.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and prioritizes to meet required deadlines.
- Carries out duties in a timely manner with a creative and positive attitude.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Artistic Staff, Artists, Stage, Wardrobe, Hair, and Makeup Teams
- Interacts effectively with diverse range of personalities
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to follow music.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, sound judgement and a collaborative spirit
- Supports and provides equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Works effectively in a diverse environment of artists, creative and management teams.
- Demonstrates a passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of one of the worlds finest dance companies and schools.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to deal effectively with stressful situations, in an extremely busy environment.
- Ability to tour domestically and internationally, as required.
Physical Demands: Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs and maneuver around equipment, work nights, and weekends.
Special Software/Equipment used: Proficiency in MAC OS, Office 365, ability to operate audio/video equipment and knowledge of File Maker Pro and Premiere (preferred, but not required).
We prefer you apply online
NO CALLS, PLEASE
San Francisco Ballet Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse staff.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO).