Purpose of the Position:
The Technical Writer is responsible for overseeing the drafting and upgrading of all Enterprise policies, procedures, instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, and other supporting documents. This position is also responsible for developing, gathering, and disseminating highly technical information through the Enterprises communication channels while storing and maintaining information in multiple repositories, including the Enterprises policy tracker. This position entails working with departments to configure or reconfigure documents into a new format and ensure policies, procedures, and other applicable documents are submitted to Legal and Compliance for review according to the Policy and Procedure Approval Policy and Procedure on an as-needed and scheduled basis.
- Oversee the Enterprises strategic initiative to revise all Enterprise policies, procedures, instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, and other documents into an updated format and update as needed to ensure compliance and seamless interaction and application across departments, entities, etc., in a manner promoting efficiency, compliance, and performance.
- Work with departments to ensure all required elements and regulatory requirements are addressed in documents by working directly with and providing training to document owners regarding how documents are to be structured and written to meet the expected standard of the Legal, Technology, and other relevant Departments.
- Work with business line managers to develop new or revised documents as new products or services are offered, new lines of business are initiated, or new regulatory requirements are published.
- Gain a working knowledge of services and products to design, develop, and revise supporting content by working with product designers and developers.
- Work closely with Compliance Department personnel to ensure policies and procedures comport with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Act as an integral member of future entity development to ensure the entitys policies and procedures are written and seamlessly incorporated into existing policies and procedures.
- Ensure all documents are audited, submitted to, and approved by the applicable governing body by establishing and following a continuous review and submission schedule for all documents.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the Enterprise on policies, procedures, instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, other supporting documents, and the application of the Policy and Procedure Approval Policy and Procedure.
- Responsible for accurate content in and appropriate usage of the Enterprises document trackers, including maintaining archived historical versions of drafts and published documents in compliance with the Enterprises record retention requirements.
- Gather and maintain departmental policies and procedures action plans documenting departmental processes for implementation of policies and procedures and monitor action plans for adherence to processes and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Select appropriate mediums, such as manual or videos, communication, and standardize content across platforms and media.
- Prioritize projects accurately and ensure that deadlines are met and that projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Formatting, polishing, and otherwise preparing documents for presentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Technical Writing/Communications, English, Project management, Computer Science, Software engineering, Business, or related discipline. English, Analytical Writing, or other writing-intensive field.
Skills & Abilities:
- Five to seven years of writing/technical experience or equivalent, or experience in a policy-procedure managerial position.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate information into useful documents.
- Ability to use interactive web-based technologies and social media to blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, sound, and video.
- Knowledge of or experience with a technical subject, such as science or engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on proficiency in written communications/documents.
- Prior project management experience managing projects crossing numerous functions and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, including the ability to accurately edit written documentation.
- Proven effective time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, self-start, and complete projects in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately research matters, including legal and technical matters, and ensure that results are accurate and exhaustive.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential material.
- Ability to function as a contributing team member and interact positively and openly with peers and other departments in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- Possess a high level of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Ability to understand and design the architecture, processes, and workflows in both high-level an din detail that is easily understandable and can be used to describe the process.
- Ability to document the correlation of business processes with technology being used both at high and detail level.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Possesses the ability to understand complex, interacting policies and producers, concepts, and apply sound logic when problem-solving and decision making.
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to develop and implement the resolution in time-sensitive situations.
- Ability to effectively convey and receive ideas, information, and directions.
- Highly organized, self-starting, and able to work without much direct supervision.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull 15 pounds.