SOCIETY OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL, LOS ANGELES
JOB TITLE - JANITOR
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles (SVDPLA) in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center, a men’s shelter in downtown Los Angeles.
JOB SUMMARY: The janitor’s responsibility is to keep the building clean and orderly by performing the following: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and waxing floors, cleaning walls and windows, cleaning and ensuring restroom supplies are restocked, removing trash, and other duties as assigned.
• Be an active and positive representative of SVDPLA at all times.
• Clean and supply building areas (dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, waxing, and vacuuming as needed, cleaning ceiling vents, etc.).
• Service, clean, disinfect, and supply bathrooms and restrooms.
• Frequently disinfect high-touch areas (door knobs, counter surfaces, railings, light switches, etc.)
• Pick up and empty trash from all locations in the building throughout the day and as needed.
• Clean exterior of building (sidewalks, etc.)
• Clean windows, mirrors, doors, staircase railings, etc.
• Set up and take down items for events as necessary and requested.
• Minor maintenance as needed.
• Notify managers concerning the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other events as assigned.
• Follow employees guidelines for attendance, dress code, and company policies as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.