Are you a compassionate and enthusiastic individual looking to positively impact the life of children with special needs in a variety of settings and locations?
At Pediatrics Plus, you can do just that! We are currently seeking Speech & Language Pathologists to join our team of highly qualified professionals that share our vision of Empowering Children to Conquer their World! This individual would provide evaluation and treatment services to children ages 0-21 years as prescribed by a physician at all facilities/all settings of Pediatrics Plus (clinic, developmental preschool, farm/outpatient setting).
Pediatrics Plus is a highly collaborative pediatric healthcare provider. We are committed to helping children succeed in all stages of life through evidence-based therapy (ABA, OT, PT, and Speech) and developmental preschool services, state of the art facilities, specialized equipment, family support and education, and community investment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluates children using appropriate testing protocols, tools, etc. to follow funding guidelines for each individual child.
- Completes audit form to be turned in with each evaluation.
- Creates appropriate goals/objectives to be turned in with each evaluation.
- Follows established schedules of children on caseload of primary therapist whose caseload is being covered.
- Provides therapy services to children based on the recommended number of units from evaluations and prescriptions.
- Provides therapy services in highly specialized facilities (clinic, developmental preschool, and farm/outpatient facilities) with an emphasis on goal attainment through appropriate developmental progression of functional skill attainment and real-life experiences.
- Provides documentation of all therapy services by locking and electronically signing weekly progress notes.
- Electronically signs efficiency report weekly, confirming billing accuracy of previous week.
- Coverage responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Last minute call in due to illness or family illness of a therapist at a site for caseload or initial evaluation coverage
- Coverage of a caseload for medical leave or worker’s compensation
- Help in building a caseload (evaluations and/or treatment) while waiting on onboarding of new hire
- Provide mentoring or training
- Assist in special projects for Pediatrics Plus
- Provide extra support to administrative staff during continuing education, community or academic program events
- Follows defined guidelines for confirmation of assignment for daily coverage.
- Will calculate and submit mileage for reimbursement.
- Provides administration with updated credentials as needed.
- Ensures that non-treatment time is reported to and approved by administration per policy. Enters all non-treatment time into PayCom.
- Completes additional paperwork requirements in an accurate and timely manner as notified by administration. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Annual re-evaluations
- Six-month progress notes
- Discharge Summaries
- Early Intervention paperwork (if needed)
- Provides speech therapy services for full patient care/management and other related duties (meetings, conferences, etc.) during the days and hours stipulated in the employment handbook.
- Collaborates with administration and all disciplines to ensure quality services for children and families.
- Participates in annual performance reviews for professional development and growth.
- Provides feedback to administration regarding ways to enhance continued improvement of the company.
- Responds positively to feedback concerning job performance.
- Participates in multidisciplinary conferences as needed.
- Demonstrates continued growth in therapeutic skills through learning, knowledge and application.
- Communicates any needs or concerns with administration.
- Upholds and incorporates the core values and vision of Pediatrics Plus into all job responsibilities.
- Displays an understanding of the leadership and management style of Pediatrics Plus.
- May perform other related and non-related duties, as assigned.