The Maintenance Supervisor is a key player in our maintenance team. This role will assist and supervise daily repairs and general maintenance of greenhouse equipment and facilities. This is a hands-on role requiring knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, with a focus on irrigation systems, greenhouse maintenance, and installation and repair of production and manufacturing equipment. This role will work under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager and Director of Greenhouse Facilities. This role will have the opportunity to work with innovative greenhouse technology and assist in future agricultural projects.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure optimal performance of greenhouse and production equipment
- Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the equipment under the direction of the Plant Manager, Director of Greenhouse Facilities, and Maintenance Manager.
- To continually support and improve maintenance services that effectively address problems affecting both equipment and staff
- Conduct electrical installations, including but not limited to; running conduit, sizing wire, based on NEC requirements
- Conduct plumbing installations and repairs
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical equipment
- Install and maintain machinery and control systems
- Maintain lighting and all electrical equipment
- Diagnose electrical issues
- Perform all preventative maintenance duties as needed
- Perform mechanical and other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all food safety policies and maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Maintain equipment history and analyzes historical trends, records, and documents all completed maintenance, modifications, and repairs
- Keep up to date records in the CMMS system to manage the work orders and provide reports
- Comply with all Employee safety regulations and practices on site.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Minimum 2 Years industrial electric/controls experience
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude in areas such as HVAC, industrial electrical, plumbing, and/or plant operations systems
- Ability to work with voltages as high as 3 phase 480AC
- Must be able to interpret wiring diagrams and schematic drawings
- Reads and writes and comprehend English
- Basic math
- Successful completion of an approved Industrial Electrician or equivalent experience in the electrical trade
- Exemplary performance work history
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work off-shifts, holidays, and weekends as needed