The Document Specialist will participate in the contract workflow and document management processes and activities by supporting CDIs Executives and various departments on various projects, which include contract and document review and filing, database maintenance and administration and document retention policies and procedures. Additionally, this position will communicate, as needed, with internal departments, external legal counsel and vendors to facilitate all aspects of the contracting, document control and process administration. S/he will be responsible for managing the contract lifecycle for corporate and commercial contracts, responding to contract or document filing or retrieval requests and other duties as may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the Contracts team with finalizing and submitting contracts for execution; tracking contract status, and properly filing the executed agreement including overseeing document retention.
- Implement and manage a contract management system database (CMS) and retroactively capture active contracts to import into CMS
- Organize and maintain the contracts database, contract templates, executed contracts and other legal correspondence and documentation
- Oversee general document retention policies for the company, including assisting with document version control, contract and document retrieval, contract, policy and document systems access and integrity, assisting with document collection and organization related to mergers and acquisition due diligence
- Assist with activities of CDIs contracting, policies maintenance and document routing and management functions ensuring Agency objectives are served. Manage and coordinate the appropriate filing of leases and business licenses on behalf of the company.
- Maintain corporate and governance records of the company, including Board of Director, Governance and Legal documents.
- Review standard form NDAs and other form Agreements with the ability to interpret standard form contracts and various other contract types as needed
- Provide document support during audits and examinations, board meetings and assist as needed with official record keeping
- Some administrative support as needed: Manage and process the daily flow of incoming/outgoing mail, coordinate and process travel arrangements, prepare cover letters and appropriate correspondence as required