The Sr. Program Director will be responsible for all aspects of the functioning and daily operation of our Drop-In Center, which serves the homeless population. You will provide oversight to the Respite Bed Program and the Special Cares Program.
- Implements Project Hospitality’s policies, procedures, and philosophies as they relate to homeless adult service delivery within the drop-in center.
- Routinely intervenes in client crises and emergencies within the Drop-In Center, and supervises staff.
- When necessary, the Senior Program Director shall engage in mental status exams, whenever the psychiatrist is not on-site, to ascertain any suicidal or homicidal thinking. Respond expeditiously to medical emergencies in directing staff toward immediate intervention.
- Manages the day-to-day needs of clients, as well as the physical facility.
- Creates a sense of a caring community within the drop-in center and demonstrates knowledge about how to maintain safe conditions inside and outside the Drop-In Center.
- Promotes sound clinical programming and practice through the implementation of best practices and various models researched as useful and effective with homeless, substance abuse, and/or mentally ill persons.
- Responsible for direct contact with DHS and DOHMH and is responsible for data analysis and all reporting in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff meetings are held as needed and minutes kept which reflect discussions and decisions reached.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the needs of the Drop-In Center during budget preparation and then comply with the program budget as approved. Continuously monitor all expenses and revenues.
- Participate in both internal and external professional activities which further the goals of the program and the field of homeless services.