Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our companys next phase of growth.
Gotham Greens is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to implement standardized procedures and protocols at a facility in areas including staff training and management, inventory; distribution and logistics; sanitation, safety, and compliance. This role reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As we grow our company and our footprint, The Assistant Plant Manager will work alongside the Plant Manager and Production Supervisors. The Assistant Plant Manager is directly responsible for the overall guidance and management of the day-to-day operations in the Greenhouse facility including but not limited to, packing and processing leafy greens and herbs, distribution and logistics of finished goods, and overall management of plant operations. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the plant, including safety, quality, cost, productivity, and distribution.
- Manage direct reports including Production Supervisors, Receivers, and all hourly employees.
- Provides leadership and training; Organizes employees.
- Collaborate with Plant Manager and Senior Grower to operate a productive and cost-effective Greenhouse facility.
- Implement SOPs and ensure that they are being adhered to as defined by Food Safety Plan.
- Maintain production and packing areas to ensure operations comply with company quality, sanitation, and Food Safety standards.
- Coordinate with Facility Manager day to day repairs and maintenance
- Work with Plant Manager to maintain cost-effective inventory levels.
- Communicate with Sales and Marketing to support continued company growth.
- Collaborate with Plant Manager to oversee the company's quality program and practices. Ensure compliance standards are consistently met.
- Enforce GAP & GMPs and provide proper training to all employees based on our SOPs for our food safety
- Maintain and review quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods.
Team Development and Leadership
- Develop and manage a progressive employee training program in line with company objectives.
- Ensure that SOPs are adhered to, improved upon where applicable, and taught to new hires/transfers.
- Provide safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment, and enforce adherence to safe work practices.
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
Who You Are
- Bachelors Degree
- 4-8 years of relevant related experience in plant operations or manufacturing with proven success.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and negotiating abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail; highly organized.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food