Working overnight in our restaurants, Artisan Baker Breadheads are responsible for preparing and baking pastries and hand-crafted artisan bread at the highest quality following established food production programs and procedures.
- Following baking procedures, ensures all food is consistently prepared.
- Operates all baking equipment: Deck Oven, Convection Oven and Proof Box.
- Keeps all food items properly covered in the freezer, and ensures that flour and seed containers are clean.
- Cleans entire work area at the end of the shift, including ovens and equipment. All ingredients must be returned to walk-in or other storage areas.
- Informs Baker’s Manager of any problems concerning Bread or Pastry quality or production control.
- Maintains high standards of quality and appearance of all Bread and pastries baked.
- Reports issues with the equipment to Store General Manager.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting health and safety.
- Position works an overnight schedule (ranging from 10PM to 6AM) which many include weekends and holidays. Reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Work location is in the kitchen area of a fast-casual restaurant.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Breadhead is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, see, read and hear. The Breadhead frequently is required to bend, push and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The Breadhead is occasionally required to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers. Essential hand/eye coordination.
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to move materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.