Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Psychology, or related field required.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-four years old.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a human services field and a minimum of one (1) year experience with direct or indirect service delivery to the target population required.
- Possess strong understanding of adolescent and child abuse issues, human development, trauma informed care, and the dynamics of sexual exploitation of children.
- Experience working with the target population in metro areas within the United States.
- High tolerance and respect for youth survival actions, while promoting harm reduction strategies.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport with CSEC and youth at-risk who may be difficult to engage within different community settings.
- Available to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Pass a DMV clearance and possess a valid California drivers license and proof of automobile insurance.Â
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, FBI/DOJ fingerprinting, TB test, drug screen, and employment verification.
- Effective communication skills including writing, public speaking, and conflict resolution/mediation skills.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, and able to work independently at times.
- Continually develops self-knowledge of issues of CSEC, human trafficking, laws and best practices.
- Be comfortable with and understand adolescent & child abuse issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
NOTE: The above aforementioned minimum qualifications and minimum experience is subject to review and approval by the funder, OCSSA.
- Understanding of and passion for the Orangewood Foundations mission, vision, and values. Demonstrates operating principles of communication and teamwork.
- Displays the essential attitudes by approaching projects, activities and other job functions with flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Displays ethical decision-making ability and confidentiality.
- Models leadership and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization.
- Must be detail-oriented team player with the ability to self-start.
- Enjoys working with youth, young adults, volunteers, community partners, etc.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Position requires use of personal vehicle to transport youth and occasional driving to meetings, workshops, events, etc. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Modification to work schedule may be made based on need of the Foundation.
Orangewood Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex. gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with all applicable federal or State laws.