Title: Business Manager - Infrastructure (Federal Contract Administrator)
Do you have exceptional organizational skills? Are you passionate about using your knowledge to become a vital asset to a team? We are looking to bring a driven individual to assist with our risk management department! Our Business Manager of Infrastructure position is responsible for administering contracts and reviewing, revising, and analyzing contracts. This position ensures that the Infrastructure Group project execution is coordinated at the regional level. Our Infrastructure team is a leader in advising in vertical transportation consulting for public infrastructure applications. No two projects are alike, and each project begins with the end in mind: Safe, reliable, and durable elevators and escalators designed to last. If you are looking for your next challenge with a great company, this could be the role for you!
Lerch Bates is the global multidisciplinary technical consultancy saving time and money for those designing, modernizing, investigating, or managing buildings. From risk to ROI, schedule to sustainability, Lerch Bates’ suite of services helps you plan the future of your building at every phase of the building lifecycle. As your partner in finding the best technical outcomes for your project, we ensure functionality, safety, and value work together.
We simplify the path to the best technical expertise for the built environment anywhere in the world. Lerch Bates offers integrated specialties, including vertical transportation, logistics, enclosures & structures, forensics, and multidisciplinary building lifecycle services that optimize performance from design, construction, and management to forensic investigation, repair, and modernization.
What You’ll Do:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed in this position. They are not intended to prescribe or restrict the assignments that management may make.
- Assist in the administration and negotiation of contractual matters with internal and external Clients.
- Respond to Client requests for Vendor Certifications and general Company information.
- Recognize unique requirements, characteristics, and issues that arise in different contract settings; read and comprehend architectural, construction, and other types of project contracts and agreements.
- Manage and update the Deltek ERP system, government websites (SAM), and other databases to ensure company compliance.
- Assists the Controller and Vice President of Infrastructure in setting the budget and strategic priorities to meet the organizational and Infrastructure Area’s short-term and long-term financial objectives.
- Oversees financial reporting and provides detailed financial analysis to the Vice President of Infrastructure.
- Aligns with peer Business Managers and other organizational, administrative departments to standardize administrative functions.
- Develop and process specialized financial reports to track individual project performance to the budget.
- Tracks and analyzes performance metrics and success toward Infrastructure Area objectives.
- Provides reports to senior management regarding the team’s performance.
- Completes other project work as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5 years of experience supporting project execution, invoicing, and compliance reports for federal, state, or local public work projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting or other relevant field
- Knowledge of and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and governmental contracting processes and procedures.
- Strong business and management acumen, including financial analysis and the ability to make decisions and manage the work performance of others.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching and counseling, enabling others to act and developing a service and team-focused culture amongst reports.
- Ability to gather, interpret and report data.
- Ability to develop action plans based upon the interpretation of data.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment juggling multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Deltek, Excel, Acrobat, and PowerPoint.
Why work with Lerch Bates:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership program!
- Generous PTO
- Incentive compensation bonus
- 401(k) with up to 6% employer match!
- FSA and HSA
- Charitable paid time off
- Birthday Bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning and Development
- An entire internal department dedicated to your learning and career development!
- Exceptional company culture
- Employee resource groups
- Team building and networking activities
- And more!
Be more than just an employee…
Lerch Bates is 100% employee-owned! Our employee-owners bring a distinct “we own what we do” brand of technical consulting to every project and partnership. When you work with us, you join a company with an ownership mindset. Expect responsibility, service, and performance in everything we do. So, what does that mean for you? After a certain service time, you are eligible for stock ownership, which essentially works as a wealth accumulation and/or retirement account!
CORE Values: Ownership . Community . Integrity . Respect . Optimism
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.