Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes the Company’s mission and values-based culture through providing an excellent product
- Safety: Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations by all employees
- Manage: Hot jobs, daily work, and material flow.
- Coordinate: Communicate with other operators the priority of work needed and any issues or shortages to supervisor or lead
- Quality: Interpret blueprints and make part within the tolerance.
- Productivity: Maintain utilization specified by supervisor. Must be able to produce parts on any of the pine benders, spectrum benders, or navy bender on all material sizes and die set ups.
- Dexterity: Employee would work with their hands, and need to be able to lift or hold heavy items
- Recording: Claim and report work as completed, input pareto in LMS, communicate to supervisor or lead any operator notes to be entered into LMS, and any PCR changes
- Be a team player willing to work closely with others.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and instructions such as dies, machine settings, textures and determines sequence of operations.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
☒ Analytical Decision-Making
☒ Learning & Development
☒ Planning & Organizing
☒ Professionalism & Integrity
☒ Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
☒ Teamwork & Relationship-Building
☒ Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience
- No formal education level required.
- Must have experience running bender machine
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in operating press room claimer, entering Pareto data, and accessing on hand information in report manager.
- Forklift Operator or ability to be trained.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Worker is exposed to hot and cold temperatures. Also, long hours standing on concrete are necessary.
The noise level in the press manufacturing environment may be where PPE is required.