The mission of The University of Bridgeport is to promote academic excellence, personal responsibility, and commitment to service. Distinctive curricula in an international, culturally diverse supportive learning environment prepare graduates for life and leadership in an increasingly interconnected world.
Position Description Summary/Purpose:
The University of Bridgeport, School of Nursing (UBSN), invites applications for full-time faculty with an expertise in community health and psych-mental health for fall 2023. As a dynamic and growing program, the University is seeking to add faculty committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. UBSN has full-time teaching opportunities in the BSN and accelerated BSN programs. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement, teaching, and clinical experience. These are 12-month full time positions.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Teach undergraduate didactic courses as well as clinical supervision in the lab or clinical setting
- Serve as an academic adviser to undergraduate nursing students
- Participate in School, University, and Community service
- Knowledgeable in curriculum development, evaluation, program revision
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other School of Nursing Faculty as needed to promote a team effort.
- Supports student success in a diverse environment
- Potential for innovative and creative activity
Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Experience in simulation a plus
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- State of CT RN license (or eligible)
- Recent Clinical experience is required. Priority will be given to those applicants with expertise in community health and psych-mental health
- Ability to demonstrate effectiveness in working with diverse populations.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field or substantial progress towards the doctorate with anticipated completion with 1-2 years.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of recent teaching experience in a university nursing program.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between The University of Bridgeport and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)