Title: Vice President, Technology and Organizational Performance
Department/Unit: Technology and Organizational Performance
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: This position is located on-site at the APTA headquarters in Alexandria, VA
Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for APTA!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing more than 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our approximately 150 employees support the association’s mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society. Learn more in our Association Profile.
Located in Alexandria, Virginia, APTA has outstanding employee benefits, including flexible work schedules, generous retirement contributions, and travel subsidies for employees who choose public and active transportation.
This position is the lead staff for the Technology and Organizational Performance unit and a member of the APTA senior team providing strategy, insight, and value to organizational priorities with a focus on organizational performance, IT and operational systems and data strategy for Association; ensures compliance, risk management and best practices for the Association.
This leader should be an effective champion of the Association’s mission and brand, with demonstrated effective personal leadership, character and dedication.
- Serves and supports the APTA Board of Directors, appointed and member volunteer groups and key external stakeholders as needed.
- Leads the Technology and Organizational Performance unit staff team, ensuring accountability to the workplans and priorities.
- Ensures APTA is compliant with industry standards and requirements such as PCI compliance.
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing operations within the Association to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in unit activities, including supporting the APTA senior team in annual assessments of respective budget activities.
- Prepares, in consultation with the Chief Operating Officer, unit level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy
- Upholds and fosters team values
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years’ experience in enterprise systems leadership
- Nonprofit or Association experience desired
- Strong working knowledge and experience in information technology, data reporting, information management and process improvement
- Strategic thinker, able to recommend and execute organizational strategies
- Demonstrated staff leadership and supervision skills, results oriented
- Demonstrated budget planning and implementation experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Up to 10% - local, national
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, when submitting your application.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.