At the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, JB Duke, and The Lodge at Duke Medical center we believe that innovation is born from an engaged culture of people and ideas. The Sales Manager is responsible for strategic sales solicitation and maintaining an exceptional rapport on behalf of the hotels while representing opportunities for new business.
Onsite, in office position
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short term/Long term disability, Critical Illness and Accident Coverage
- Employer Paid Life insurance.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401k with employer match (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Free parking & complimentary employee meals
- Family & Friends Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Growth opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Solicitation, negotiation, implementation, and follow-up for deployment plan.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals including predetermined revenue and sales activity.
- Respond promptly to all inquiries and correspondence from customers, prospects, and lead referrals.
- Provides direction and supervision of meetings and/or catering logistics to catering staff.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Respond promptly to requests by the Director of Sales and Marketing and the Director of Group Sales for reports and other assignments.
- Properly maintain files and accounts.
- Set up working relationships with other areas of the hotel’s operations.
- Familiarity with the competition from other hotels within the local area.
- Follow-up with clients to ensure repeat business.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e., parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Understand the services provided by each department and the responsibilities of key individuals.