The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI is developing and implementing a COVID-19 vaccination program to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers. Providers play a big role in the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. Providers perform vital functions within the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, including properly storing, handling, and managing vaccine supply as well as administering vaccine to intended recipients. BOI is responsible for performing site visits as port of the COVID-19 vaccination program.
The Vaccine Management branch of the DOHMH Vaccine Operation Center (VOC) is responsible for COVID-19 vaccination program enrollment, vaccine ordering, vaccine management and COVID-19 program compliance site visits. The Vaccine Management Program Coordinator will work closely with the Vaccine Management Branch Director to ensure the goals of the Vaccine Management branch are achieved.
- Coordinates programmatic activities, data analysis, and research among staff within the DOHMH and partner agencies, e.g., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to improve COVID-19 program enrollment, COVID-19 vaccine ordering and management, site visits, CIR reporting, and data quality.
- Oversees the implementation and logistics of COVID-19 vaccine program site visits
- Develops short- and long-terms goals, objectives, and priorities to enhance COVID-19 Vaccination Program operations in collaboration with BOI Assistant Commissioner, CIR Director, and other BOI senior staff.
- Prepares abstracts, articles, and presentations for national, regional, and local publications, conferences, and meetings to disseminate the findings of research projects.
- Collaborates with computer consultants and BOI staff to develop and implement enhancements to the CIR to improve immunization program operations.
- Performs other duties, as needed.