The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The mission of the Bureau of Immunization (BOI) is to prevent the occurrence and transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, influenza, human papillomavirus, and invasive pneumococcal disease, through immunization.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI is developing and implementing a COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will manage the Assistant Commissioner's daily appointments and provide critical support to the program’s Vaccine Task Force unit. This position will also assist with critical activities set forth in the COVID-19 Immunization Supplemental grant application and other miscellaneous grant related activities.
- Manage Assistant Commissioner's calendar of appointments; coordinate weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings with Bureau and Agency Personnel, and prepare meeting materials.
- Handle confidential communications in a professional manner to assist all internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an efficient tracking system for Commissioner's Tracking Sheet (CTS) responses and staff assignments.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
- Perform other administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
- Act as a project coordinator for all related grant activities to manage timelines and deliverables.