The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The mission of the Bureau of Immunization (BOI) is to prevent the occurrence and transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, influenza, human papillomavirus, and invasive pneumococcal disease, through immunization.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI has implemented a citywide COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign is focused on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
The Pharmacy Engagement Manager for the COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign will conduct activities critical to the success of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. As a member of the Clinical Planning and Operations Team, the incumbent will work with the team to oversee pharmacy-based COVID-19 vaccination in NYC by maintaining relationships with leadership at chain, network, and independent pharmacies, developing and executing a pharmacy communication plan, providing guidance updates and technical assistance to pharmacies, and monitoring vaccination and reporting. The Pharmacy Engagement Manager will ensure pharmacy vaccination providers are following clinical and operational guidance, storing and handling vaccines appropriately and reporting vaccines administered to the Citywide Immunization Registry. The Pharmacy Engagement Manager will lead Pharmacy Liaisons who will serve as the main point-of-contacts for the pharmacy chains, networks, and independent locations.
As a member of the Clinical Planning and Operations Team, oversee pharmacy-based COVID-19 vaccination in NYC:
- Maintain relationships with leadership at chain, network, and independent pharmacies
- Keep up to date on relevant COVID-19 and pharmacy vaccination updates, including vaccine supply issues, NY State pharmacy-based vaccination requirements and regulations, as well as other relevant updates
- Ensure pharmacy vaccination providers are following clinical and operational guidance, storing and handling vaccines appropriately and reporting vaccines administered to the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR)
- Develop and execute a proactive pharmacy communication plan to relay guidance updates, vaccine supply updates, and pharmacy requirements
- Provide technical assistance with enrollment in the COVID-19 vaccination program, assist with assessing pharmacies’ vaccine readiness, and address CIR reporting issues
- Monitor reports for vaccination administration and reporting performance to target pharmacy outreach
- Lead Pharmacy Liaisons who will serve as the main point-of-contacts for the pharmacy chains, networks, and independent locations
- Liaise within DOHMH and with external City agencies to support citywide efforts to vaccinate specific populations, including demographic groups found to have low vaccination coverage rates.
- Participate in additional COVID-19 vaccination activities as needed.
- Participate in additional adult immunization activities as needed.