What do you offer?
• Fluent in English, Dari, and Pashto; proficient verbal and written skills required.
• Associate degree in a related discipline or relevant professional experience required.
• Prior experience in personnel, recruitment, and/or translation services is preferred.
• Experience in coordinating projects from idea to implementation required.
• Working knowledge of the skilled trades is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze research applicable to assigned projects and/or for grant development and submittal.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to successfully manage multiple projects; well-developed written & oral communication skills and time management skills.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse business groups.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred. Basic knowledge is required.
• Self-starter and able to work independently following written and verbal instructions and effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products.
What IALR Offers
• A unique opportunity to support an innovative learning experience to support a critical and meaningful workforce development need
• Salary is commensurate with your experience
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage with lower-than-average costs to you
• Participation in the Virginia Retirement System for your retirement savings needs
• A fast-paced, innovative work environment that welcomes you and the unique qualities that you bring.
Why is the position open?
Because of the growth of our campus through success in our many programs, we’re looking for a ATDM Afghan Support Specialist. Due of the success of our Manufacturing Advancement team in executing the Accelerated Training in Defense Manufacturing (ATDM) Program in partnership with the Department of the Navy, this is a new position supported by a contract that has been awarded through April 2025. While IALR will continue to request funding beyond 2025 - it is not guaranteed.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.ialr.org/employment. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are identified.